Baby It's Cold Outside

As I was sitting in a meeting today I made an interesting observation. After watching everyone trickle slowly into the room and take their seats, something seemed off. 

At first I couldn't place my finger on it, and then I realized what struck me as odd: Unconsciously, unknowingly, I watched every single person walk through the front door and not one single person seated himself or herself next to a stranger.


Everyone placed themselves exactly one chair apart from one another, without instruction to do so. The room seemed seemed to be uniform. What is it inside of us that calls for reluctance? So often we try to portray ourselves and outgoing and confident, but then we inadvertently act contrary to that. 

In order to create a life we love, we must continuously put ourselves out there. 
How else will we meet new people or improve society?



"All the hardest, coldest people you meet were once as soft as water. And that's the tragedy of living."


Just because it's cold outside doesn't mean you have to be too.


The next time someone opens a door for you, say "thank you" and smile. When did good mannerisms become a revered quality as opposed to an assumed trait? The next time you see somebody wearing an outfit you find attractive- compliment them! 

The next time you walk into a room full of strangers, sit next to somebody new. 

Talk, engage, network, listen, and then ask them if they want to go grab a warm macchiato from the cafe down the street. 

I adore the cold, but only when referring to the weather.





Ciao,
M

0 comments :

 

Get In Touch

Drop a line! Feel free to send any inquiries, advice questions, or feedback to the following email address. I'll respond within 48 hours, I promise.
BetweenTheIvyLines@outlook.com

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

A Letter of Thanks

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! Please direct all feedback, both positive and negative, directly to the email listed under my contact information.

Meet The Author

Morgan is a Political Science and Russian Studies double major hoping one day to pursue her love of international policy and political relations. Until then, she is happily jetsetting all over the world and spends her time trying to make others days brighter through words of encouragement and advice. Lover of the cold, constantly dreaming of DC, and an avid book fanatic.