Saying Ciao in Style - The Très Chic Travel Edition



 As I start figuring out what to pack for my trip to Italy (EEK!) I really need to get in gear and figure out what I need to bring.

 Seeing as I’ll be on an airplane for a long period of time and arriving in a new country, there are a few things I’ll definitely be bringing. My biggest pet peeve of traveling is the concept that you can’t look attractive while flying. I love my boss because she always manages to put together the perfect mix of comfortable, cute, and practical, and always has the perfect bag packed for long flights ahead. 

While I’m still figuring out the whole “outfit” ordeal (I mean, how does one actually pack for a trip that long while still “packing light”? I’ll clue you in when I find out), I know some things I’ll definitely take with me to keep me occupied and prepared on my long exciting journey ahead.

Say “ciao” to boring travel, and “bonjour” to traveling in style!

Here are some of my flight “must haves” for any jetsetter fashionista:

1. Kate Spade “Rain Check” Umbrella -$38 http://goo.gl/ZGVpAf
Perfect for transitioning in and out of the airport. 
Get into a taxi and whisk yourself away to a dry hotel room without getting wet! 
If a cute boy happens to ask you to coffee while you're loading your luggage in the cab, the cute "rain check" message comes in handy.

2. 
 LL Bean Town and Field Tote -$179 http://goo.gl/cG2Jwd

Running about town? 
Taking the metro into town to visit the local pâtisserie
Store your passport, wallet, travel flats (see number 6), and iPad in this perfectly sized tote!

3.     Kate Spade Carlisle Street Passport Holder -$68 http://goo.gl/k3RtHo
Just because you're only transitioning flights doesn't mean you should do so without style. 
I prefer my passports black, white, and spotted all over.

4.     JCrew Large USB Phone and Tablet Charger -$59.50 http://goo.gl/m7ABUQ
No charging station? No worries! 
This little gadget will fully recharge your iPhone and recharge your tablet up to 30%! 
A must-have for flights.

5.     Ted Baker Bow Leather Tech Gloves -$125 http://goo.gl/7A55iS
Chilly outside? Who knows what the weather will be like. 
It's always good to have a pair of gloves on you- these are electronic device compatible! 
Plus, who doesn't love an oxblood and black color combination for the winter, 
especially with those precious little bows.

6.     CitySlips Luxe Classic Travel Flats -$58 http://goo.gl/nZQxWL
Need to slip out of those heels, or need something comfortable to change into 
for gallivanting through cobblestone street-ways? Slip into a pair of these. 
They come in multiple colors, patterns, materials and are small enough to slip into your pocket!


7.     JCrew Pinch Provisions Minimergency Kit -$24 http://goo.gl/1C6ICv
In a pinch? No need to call 911! This little kit contains just about everything. 
A good 'just-in-case' for any long flights or trips abroad. 

8.       Graphic Image “Python” Travel Accessories -$35-70 http://goo.gl/Z7BMD0
Because- well, who doesn't love a monogram? I know I do.


9. Not Pictured- A Good Book
Perhaps the single most important thing. I don't travel anywhere without having some sort of reading material on me. My absolute favorites are The Catcher in the Rye and The Picture of Dorian Gray. As I said before, i'm into classics. I'll cover some of my favorite books later, so stay tuned!



Oh, and last but not least.... a map! Everyone who knows me knows i'm more directionally challenged than the iPhone Google map application without wifi.

But isn't getting lost the best part?

Ciao,
M


2 comments :

Lauren said...

Great travel essentials!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

Unknown said...

Thank you Lauren!

 

Get In Touch

Drop a line! Feel free to send any inquiries, advice questions, or feedback to the following email address. I'll respond within 48 hours, I promise.
BetweenTheIvyLines@outlook.com

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

A Letter of Thanks

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! Please direct all feedback, both positive and negative, directly to the email listed under my contact information.

Meet The Author

Morgan is a Political Science and Russian Studies double major hoping one day to pursue her love of international policy and political relations. Until then, she is happily jetsetting all over the world and spends her time trying to make others days brighter through words of encouragement and advice. Lover of the cold, constantly dreaming of DC, and an avid book fanatic.