Equip Yourself With Weekly Inspiration

My Weekly Inspiration

Every week, before I start attempting to tackle my to-do list (more on that later), or figure out my schedule between meetings, work, and tests, I take a moment to look at things that inspire me. I think it's important to do this so that we don't lose motivation as the week goes on.

 Mondays are always the hardest day for me. Most of the time, I go home on weekends to visit family and friends. I hate coming back to school on Sunday evening because it symbolizes the starting of the week ahead and the week's work. While I love to be productive and crossing things off of my to-do list is enthralling, sometimes it can also be daunting.

To go into war, you need to make sure you're properly equipped, so equip yourself with things that inspire and motivate you. Here's my list for the week, and why they made the top 5
.




1. "Always Walk Like You Deserve to be Right Where You Are"
At first, when I read this quote, I remembered thinking 'that's odd'. It was so direct and commanding, which is something that I feel many women still aren't used to. This quote says to me "I earned this, and I'm going to keep working at things- not to prove my worth, but because I can. I know who I am, I know what I can do, and I know where i'm going to be. Join me, or watch me." I absolutely love it.

2. Macaroons 
Macaroons always cheer me up. They come in so many pretty colors and interesting flavors, and there's so much delight in their tiny layers that it's hard impossible not to feel happy while eating them. Whenever I've had a particularly stressful week, I like to go to my favorite local bakery and get a few different kinds. Every week, they have new flavors. I usually select a few I haven't tried before, and a few I have, and do taste-testing. It's the simple things in life.

3. NYC, New York 
When I start to run out of motivation, I love to look at photos of New York City. The hustle and bustle of a city that never sleeps is absolutely enthralling. I always dream of living in a city one day, so it helps to be able to look at photos and visualize myself there.
Manhattan, anyone? I'll hail the cab, you grab the bags.


4. Ballet 
I find ballet to be one of the most beautiful art forms to exist. Ballet to me symbolizes strength and perseverance. Having done ballet for quite a few years, I remember how difficult it was. It required not only physical strength but also mental strength. It takes countless attempts in order to make a single movement look effortless, and that's how I like to look at life. No matter if what i'm studying for is difficult or if the task ahead is daunting, as I tackle more challenges I build my physical strength, mental acuity, and my dedication until it just becomes effortless. Effortless and beautiful.


5. Dove Real Beauty Sketches 
This is actually my #1 source of inspiration for the week. This is one of my favorite videos. Someone shared this with me a few months ago and I still cannot get over it. Its interesting to see how we perceive ourselves versus how other view us. I think sometimes people have a tendency to be too critical of themselves. Instead of praising ourselves for what we have or do well, sometimes we fall into the habit of only finding imperfections in ourselves and our work. This was quite simply thought-provoking.


0 comments :

 

Get In Touch

Drop a line! Feel free to send any inquiries, advice questions, or feedback to the following email address. I'll respond within 48 hours, I promise.
BetweenTheIvyLines@outlook.com

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

A Letter of Thanks

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! Please direct all feedback, both positive and negative, directly to the email listed under my contact information.

Meet The Author

Morgan is a Political Science and Russian Studies double major hoping one day to pursue her love of international policy and political relations. Until then, she is happily jetsetting all over the world and spends her time trying to make others days brighter through words of encouragement and advice. Lover of the cold, constantly dreaming of DC, and an avid book fanatic.